Thursday, April 9, 2009

step up

I love to thrift and go to garage sales. Recently, I was at a thrift store and I found this little stool. It was a ugly little thing. It had a eagle stenciled on the top of it. I wish I had a before pic! It is very solid though and I really like the shape of it. So, for $5.00 it was mine. I took it home...put a coat of primer on it...and then painted it this light yellow. I found the paint at Lowes for .50 cents. For less than 6 dollars, the girls have a place to stand when they brush their teeth and wash their hands. I also had to show you this little plate I found for a quarter. I had a plate holder already. The only thing that I did pay full price is the hooks. I think it is far handier with five children sharing a bath. Hooks are far cleaner looking and a rack..well..have you seen little people or even big people try to put their towels on those things!

...off to enjoy the day....

melanie

6 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome back! :D

paula said...

you didn't like the eagle. really?

Melanie said...

Paula...LOL!

Jen...Thank you! I love it!

Pat Jenkins said...

the "time away" did not stop your gift of thrift miss melanie... i am glad i finally found your new old home!

. said...

great finds~ good for you!

Jen Price said...

I so love good deals! Well done on the stool. It looks fantastic!

Twitter