Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Seven

These six things the Lord hates, indeed, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look [the spirit that makes one overestimate himself and underestimate others], 
a lying tongue, 
and hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that manufactures wicked thoughts and plans, 
feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who breathes out lies [even under oath], 
and he who sows discord among his brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19 (Amplified Bible)


I got this scripture read to me a couple times when I was a young child.  My mother wanted to make sure I knew just how terrible lying was.  There was a lot of grace growing up, but when it came to lying there was zero grace.  It was not tolerated in any form.  

I wonder if we made a list of the things God hates if some of these would have even made it on our list.  

melanie

No comments:

Twitter