Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bible Translations

OK..before I even start don't get all in a tizzy that I am attacking your NIV Bible.  This is not the case.  Personally, I use the NKJ version and the Amplified Bible.  I am not a fan of the NIV, although I will use it from time to time if it can help me understand a verse.  I wouldn't use it as my sole Bible though.  I don't like that they removed several verses and most of them are vital.  My opinion.  I also know that there are two manuscripts that Bibles are translated from and the NIV came from the one that has less words.  I would rather have a translation that has more of the words.  :D  My opinion.  


There are some that think that KJV only.  I have no problem with people reading from different versions as long as they are reading the Bible.  Anyway...just my thoughts on the subject.  


Here are a few examples of verses that will not be found in your NIV Bible.  

Matthew 12:47 -- removed in the footnotes
Matthew 17:21 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Matthew 18:11 -- COMPLETELY removed
Matthew 21:44 -- removed in the footnotes
Matthew 23:14 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Mark 7:16 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Mark 9:44 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Mark 9:46 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Mark 11:26 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Mark 15:28 -- COMPLETELY removed
Mark 16:9-20 (all 12 verses) -- There is a line separating the last 12 verses of Mark from the main text. Right under the line it says: [The two most reliable early manuscripts do not have Mark 16:9-20] (NIV, 1978 ed.) 
Luke 17:36 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Luke 22:44 -- removed in the footnotes
Luke 22:43 -- removed in the footnotes
Luke 23:17 -- COMPLETELY removed 
John 5:4 -- COMPLETELY removed 
John 7:53-8:11 -- removed in the footnotes
Acts 8:37 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Acts 15:34 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Acts 24:7 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Acts 28:29 -- COMPLETELY removed 
Romans 16:24 -- COMPLETELY removed 
I John 5:7 --  COMPLETELY removed 


melanie

No comments:

Twitter