Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Wow...in a few hours 2010 will officially come to an end.  What a year!!  So many changes.  I am not entirely sure how I feel about this past year. It was stretching and hard on so many levels and rewarding and awesome on so many others...  A few highlights....  
  • I finished a full year of homeschooling 5 children all at one time.  Stressful, rewarding, wonderful, and totally made me feel vulnerable.
  • Our church...that I felt was finally a place to connect here in Florida...shut down.  Our pastor took a new job and moved away.  
  • Got to see the manatees for the first time!!
  • I got to see my Mom and sisters for the first time in almost 3 YEARS!!  Awesome time with them!
  • Started Bible College and took tests for the first time in 20 years and aced a couple of them!!
  • Made straight A's!!  yay!
  • Victorious in some areas...growing and learning in so many others.
  • Lost 10 pounds and actually kept if off during the holidays.
  • Friendships...panera bread fellowship, pumpkin party, 4th of July party.
  • Enjoyed family that usually are in Africa as missionaries.  
  • Family moving to our area.
  • We got a cat!  FLUFFY!
  • Saw some of my bff leave the state...still crying inside.
I am sure I will think of a few more once I publish this post!  ha!  Looking back I sure had a lot of firsts this year!  I am looking forward to a great year in 2011 and will be interested to see what it brings!!  How was your year??

melanie

No comments:

Twitter