Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Walnut Chicken



I am a huge fan of Chinese food. It is a good way to get the kiddos to eat veggies. Plus, it is very economical for a family our size. A portion of meat goes a long way! :)

This dish is one of my favorites. I love ginger and snow peas! If you do decide to make this, my only recommendation is to use a reduced salt soy sauce! :)

Walnut Chicken ~

1 T cornstarch

3 T soy sauce

1 T dry sherry

1/2 t ground ginger

1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces

4 T oil

1/3 cup sliced green onions

1 clove of garlic

1/2 lb fresh snow peas, tips and strings removed

1 cup walnut pieces

  1. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry and ginger in a medium-sized bowl; add chicken pieces; let stand 15 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, heat pan; add 3 T oil; heat until smoking; add green onions, garlic and snow peas. Cook 3 minutes, stirring mixture with slotted spoon. Remove mixture to a bowl.
  3. Add remaining oil to wok; heat; add chicken pieces until done and soy mixture begins to coat chicken, about 5 minutes. Add walnuts and vegetable mixture. Toss until mixed. Serve with hot cooked rice, if you wish.

Melanie

4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

My BH and I enjoy Chinese as well every time we get take out meals we can make 2 meals out of each order we took home.

Jen Price said...

Yum! Sounds delicious!

Jan Parrish said...

Now you are making me hungry again. Stop by and enter my blogoversary give away!

Pat Jenkins said...

my only complaint about chinese food miss melanie is you eat it and two hours later you are hungry again!!... he he....

Twitter