Monday, April 6, 2009

the veil is torn!

In the temple...there was a veil..a huge curtain that separated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the world. The Holy of Holies is where the Lord resided. Only a few people were allowed in there. If you did go in..and you were not the special few..you would die. It was so thick and huge and tall that it would have been impossible for a man or even if two horses were tied to each side to tear it from the top to the bottom. Yet...when Jesus said.."It is Finished"...that is what happened. God, Himself tore it. The significance is huge and it has not escaped me these past days. It has actually hit me so hard that each time I think of it..I want to fall on my knees and cry. God said..with a tear..come to Me!

melanie

1 comment:

Jen Price said...

I have been pondering His selfless sacrifice the past few days and the power in Him rising again. It is simply amazing!

Twitter