Monday, April 6, 2009

children's church

I got the fun privilege of teaching children's church with my husband. We taught on Palm Sunday. I brought a bunch of Palm leaves and we reenacted Jesus coming in to Jerusalem. I took my bath robe and gave everyone a turn to act it out. Then we sang the Donut Man song...Shout Hosanna! T, my husband, brought his guitar and for half an hour they jumped up and down and shouted Hosanna.

The following is a craft we did. I love sharing Jesus to children. I was saved at five and am so grateful that my Mother introduced me to Jesus at such a young age.

The Jelly Bean Prayer

Red for the blood He gave,
Green is for the grass He made,
Yellow is for the sun so bright,
Orange is for the edge of night.

Black is for the sins that were made
White is for the grace He gave,
Purple is for the hour of sorrow,
Pink is for the new tomorrow.

Give a bag full of jelly beans,
Colorful and sweet,
Tell them it's a Prayer....
It's a promise..
It's an Easter Treat!

~~Written by Charlene Dickson~~

melanie

No comments:

Twitter