Saturday, April 18, 2009

Motherhood ~ curse or blessing?

It always amazes me when I hear people bad mouth their kids to others. Complaining of loss of sleep, sanity, organization, social life, and fingernails. Complaining every step of the way. Complaining when they are babies, toddlers, elementary age, teens, young adults, married with kids and so forth. I know that there are challenges on the way. I am about to be the mother of a teen. I LOVE it! Bring it on! I am sure the there are challenges but since when are there never challenges in every part of LIFE! Life is challenging. It is all in how you decide to approach it and live it.

I do have a hard time with women that complain all the time about being a mother and wife. Always looking back when they were free and single. When I was free and single..those were the times when I was the most selfish and full of myself. The world revolved around my needs and my flesh. Since becoming a mother and wife.. the selfishness I have was revealed in a HUGE way. I would venture to guess that most of the complainers are just struggling with a bout of selfishness! :)

Time for me to grow up. Enjoy all the seasons of childrearing. I tell my kids often..."I thank God that He chose me to be your Mother. It is an honor."

melanie

photo via {stock.xchng}

3 comments:

Charlana Kelly said...

This is such a great thought Melanie. Our words form our children's world... We can build them up or we can tear them down, even by complaining about our own personal lives. My pastor once shared this, "We should be raising our sons and daughters to be our brothers and sisters in the Lord." Wow... changes the parental perspective. Oh the joy of transitioning from parent to friend as our children become adults! Have a great weekend.

Pat Jenkins said...

that is a message miss melanie i hope you have more of an opportunity to pass along to others beyond here!!!...excellent!!

Melanie said...

Charlana ~ So true!

PJ ~ thanks! :)

Twitter