Friday, March 18, 2011

Comparing Again...

"Do not compare yourself among yourself. You have gifts that I have given you and those are your strengths. Walk in them." -God

I heard the above message yesterday....not once, not twice, but three times AND the Lord had specifically showed me this personally!!! Obviously, I need to listen!!  God is speaking to my heart and I need to change the way I have been thinking.


I do have a terrible habit of looking around and comparing myself with other people...and seeing myself unfit, unqualified, and unable. This has made me passive, fearful, and completely frozen to do what God may be leading me to do. A win for the enemy.  I see multiple times in the past that in faith I have stepped out to minister or love someone and almost immediately I feel condemned. Thoughts like..."What are you saying?? Why did you say that? You could have said that differently!!! What if you were way off??"


I guess the bottom line for me is... God does love me. I do have gifts, talents, and a calling. I do have the love of God to give and God wants me to give and share what He has given me in faith and boldly.


How do I change?? Change the way I think. Instead of thinking those thoughts and then agreeing with them with my words and my actions....walk out boldly in faith declaring what God says instead.

For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)
2 Corinthians 10:4-5

melanie

2 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

That is one of my favorite, and often used piece of truth - i keep it readily available in my "bag of weapons" it strengths my shield of Faith and sharpens my Sword! :-) God has given you so much and you are so beautifully dressed in His Garments! :-) love you!

Melanie said...

Love you!

Twitter