Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What can man do to me?

Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?

Hebrews 13:5-6 (Amplified Bible)

I LOVE these verses. I love how the Lord, God in heaven states three times..I will not, I will not, I will not! I go to these verses when I cannot feel God. I dig deep in my spirit and pull out this Word and remind myself that He has promised He will never leave me. It matters not..the situation or the circumstances of life. I am not alone. He knows what is going on in me. He is working out good for me in some way. It matters not that I cannot see or feel or touch what is going on. I KNOW that He is there. Why? God said so. That is all I need. I don't need the feelings. I do need the assurance. This gives that assurance to me. So..even in pain or frustration..I will grit my teeth..stand and boldly say..."The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm, I will not fear or dread or be terrified! What can man do to me?! Praise God!!!

I am a feely person. I love emotion. I believe God designed us this way. Emotion is not a bad thing. BUT, if you are constantly guided in spiritual things by it..then you will have a very rough go. You cannot discern spiritual things with the flesh. You may feel things...but to actually discern...it comes form the Holy Spirit and your born again spirit. A person that tries to live this walk with the Lord entirely on your feelings will be a very, very frustrated Christian. There are times your feelings will lie to you. God's Word will not lie. It is better to put our hope and faith in God and His Word.

Melanie

2 comments:

Trish said...

Wow Mel! Great post, and so true! I always get in trouble when I let my emotions lead me...Great reminder to stay lead by the Word of God!

Trish said...

Hi Melanie,
Got your msg, thanks! The link to the "old" blog is www.harmonyhillmusic.blogspot.com.

See you there :-) Thanks for hangin' with me!

~Trish

Twitter